Bus Service started from Government Bus Stand Muzaffarpur
After 20 months, yet again Indian – Nepal Friendship Bus Service starting. Bus will take a total of 10 hours to reach Kathmandu via raxaul Border.
Call – 9507750100 for Bookings query and seat availability
Muzaffarpur Nagar Nigam bus service will also take you to Janakpur at Rs. 275/- only. It will take only 6 hours via Bus from Muzaffarpur and 8 hours from Patna and Timing is as :
Bus Start at 9 AM from Patna and and 12:30 from Government Bus Stand Muzaffarpur. Route of Bus Service to Nepal is as Patna-Muzaffarpur-Sitamarhh-Bithamore and will reach janakpur at 5:30 PM.
Right now only two Buses are in action one from UP Muzaffarpur and one from Down Kathmandu and Janakpur.
There are 3 options:
- There is direct bus from Patna(Mithapur bus stand at approximate 8am) to Raxaul(approximate 7 to 8hr journey).
2. Take train to Raxaul.
After that cross cross Indian Border.Then you will get riksha/Tanga and go Birgunj (The Gateway of Nepal) bus stand. There you can get many TATA Sumos ( Till 7am to 2am, 6hr journey) or you can take Night Bus( Approximate 10 to 12hr journey) for Kathmandu.
3. you can take any Indian vehicle[Best option but get good driver, because Nepal is Himalayan Nation]. Indian vehicles are permitted in Nepal but you have to pay tax for it.(Pay tax at the Border in Nepal)
Suggestion:Dnt book tickets for Kathmandu near to Border, they will charge you more, from birgunj to Kathmandu it’s INR 350 to 400 max
There are many ways to reach Kathmandu and other parts of Nepal.
If you are less than 4people and planning to visit Kathmandu then my advise to you is to book tickets in Bus service operated by govt of Bihar. That bus starts from Bodh Gaya to Patna to Kathmandu . tickets are available at Gandhi maidan counter, Patna.
Another way to book tickets for Kathmandu is to approach some good travel agencies as they are also operating tour for Nepal and charging per passenger approx 5000 to 7000 per passenger including hotel accommodation.
Among them are travel Bihar club, make my trip , Bihar paryatan etc.
The best way to plan your tour in group of 12 to 30 people to make it quite economical. If you are a group of more than 12 people hire tempo traveller, Bus or tourists van from good travel agencies such as Bihar paryatan, Farina travels, etc.. they are most reliable for people traveling to Kathmandu Pokhara Nepal.
We in the month of November Hire a mini Bus from Farina travel for a group of 23 people. As per their advice we started our journey by 6am crossed raxaul to cross the border at 2pm after completing all necessary documentation and border crossing fees which costs approx 2500 including permit.
Besides, if you are coming from other states of India or abroad and want to reach Kathmandu Pokhara Janakpur or Birat Nagar then the best way is to travel by train.
You may reach raxaul by bus also from Mithapur and cross the border to catch train for your onward journey.
If you are planning to reach Janakpur or Kathmandu you may also reach jaynagar by bus from Mithapur or there’s also train to complete your onward journey.
In all the cases , you must know the timings of the train to complete onward journey reason there’s specified time for the border to open at 5am and closes by max 10pm but you should try crossing before 7pm to avoid any inconvenience.there are some contact numbers and websites of travel agencies and Bus services for Kathmandu but I don’t remember . I will try to add them later but you may also try to find online it’s available.
New AC buses are being run linking two cities in Bihar – Patna and Bodh Gaya – and two in Nepal – Kathmandu and Janakpur.
The Bodh Gaya-Kathmandu bus passes through Gaya, Patna, Hajipur, Muzaffarpur, Motihari, Raxaul and Birganj. It departs Bodh Gaya at 10 AM and the fare is fixed at Rs 1,250. The Patna-Janakpur bus passes through Muzaffarpur, Sitamarhi and Bhitta More. Its fare is Rs 275. Fare of the Patna-Kathmandu bus is fixed at Rs 1,015. Each bus has 44 seats for passengers.
- Its 6 am and roads are already filled with traffic and college going students.
- The climate is also soo chilled whether it is summer or winter.
- People prefer public veichel like micro bus, tempo or bus weather couple are going for date,students going to college.
- BUT most of them have bikes. Not simole as well. All those bikes are more than 150 cc. So yes,25% students prefer bike over public veichels
- After 10 roads agaib become silent as they are busy in their schedule
- It’s 4 5 pm and same things repeats, but now people first go to near by hotel or canteen to have MO:MO
- After they return back to home, people gather in nearby cafe or somewhere where they can meet their friends.and this meet is always accomplished by either playing guitar, football,basketball and Surya(nepali cigrette) is most
- Go back to home by 6 7 , prepare dinner and have it by 8 , followed by some tv series till 10 and then go back to sleep.
Best thing about life in Katmandu is its climate, security for girls and caring nature of people.